Latest-generation F115 makes its debut at the 2102 PSP Southampton International Boat Show
The new F115 joins the Yamaha line-up for 2012 and looks sure to become even more popular and sought after than its predecessor – which has been a firm favourite with boat owners all over the world since its launch more than a decade ago.
The relentless model development programme at Yamaha has now made this iconic engine even lighter and more efficient. And like all the quiet and powerful Yamaha Four Strokes, the new F115 delivers a perfect blend of smooth, economical and reliable performance – promising people more relaxed and pleasurable boating than any other outboard. Whether the stern it graces belongs to a family cruiser, a sports boat or RIB, a fishing craft or a commercial workhorse.
Yamaha’s global reputation as the number one outboard manufacturer has been built on its heritage of constant innovation and the development of state-of-the-art technologies. The latest-generation F115 is yet another example of this philosophy in action.
Proven technology. Improved upon.
The F115 keeps its well proven DOHC, 1741cc, in-line 4-cylinder, 16-valve format, but by introducing a range of new parts and re-designing the fuel and air-intake systems, as well as the engine cowling, Yamaha have created an outboard that’s not only more efficient, but lighter too. Here’s how:
- New Intake Throttle – improves engine response. The new electronic single throttle valve replaces the original four valve set-up and works in combination with the ECM to increase fuel efficiency and deliver quicker acceleration and throttle response under all engine operating conditions.
- New Intake manifold – for maximum torque. A new long air intake manifold, fitted with a resonator, ensures exactly the right amount of air reaches the combustion chambers at precisely the right time to maximise mid-range torque. The new air intake system helps to make the new F115 3kg lighter without compromising its legendary durability and reliability.
- New cylinder head – improved performance. The combustion chambers and intake ports have been re-shaped too to increase efficiency. These improvements mean the F115 now delivers even stronger performance.
- New cowl – improves air flow and drainage. The new-shape cowling plays its part too, being designed to achieve more effective intake of air and even greater protection against the possibility of corrosion from water entering the casing.
- New Sensor – protects the engine. To complement the unmatched combustion efficiency, strong performance and excellent fuel economy of the multi-point EFI system, the latest F115 features an extra engine sensor. A new Knock sensor means the ECM (Engine Control Module) now receives engine information from no less than six separate sensors. This additional sensor detects any tendency of the engine to run less than perfectly, allowing the ECM to adjust the ignition timing with optimum precision.
- COMPATIBLE WITH Yamaha’s digital network system. With its comprehensive line-up of Digital Network Gauges. This revolution in command and control is every helmsman’s dream – precise, accurate information from the easy-to-read gauges and precise accurate control from the electronic engine control systems.
- Yamaha Customer Outboard Protection (Y-COP). Peace of mind comes standard on the F115. It’s the Yamaha Customer Outboard Protection system. Your Yamaha outboard is valuable and much sought after, sometimes by people you might not want to share it with. Y-COP’s simple push-button remote control immobilises your engine so that just like your car, it only starts when you want it to.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – F115
Model Yamaha F115A
Variants available F115AETL • FL115AETL • F115AETX • FL115AETX
Engine specifications 4-stroke • In-line 4 cyl • 16-valve • DOHC
Displacement (cms3) 1741
Bore x stroke (mm) 79 x 88.8
Prop shaft output 84.6kW at 5500rpm
Full throttle rpm range 5000-6000rpm
Fuel induction system Electronic Fuel Injection
Exhaust Though propeller hub
Lubrication system Wet sump
Oil pan capacity (litres) 3.7
Ignition system TCI micro-computer
Starting system Electric
Alternator output 12V – 24 Amp with rectifier/regulator
Gear shift F-N-R
Gear ratio 2.15 (13/28)
Trim & Tilt Wide-range Power Trim and Tilt
Dry weight without prop (kg) L: 182kg X: 185kg